Subscribe to eNewsletter
Summer Book Sale
Pequot Library's 54th ANNUAL BOOK SALE
“The Best Book Sale in New England”
Friday, July 25 to Tuesday, July 29, 2014
OVER 140,000 BOOKS, CDs, DVDs, RECORDS, etc.
Admission is free, and open to the public. All Sale proceeds help fund Pequot Library's over 375 annual programs and events for all ages.
HOURS & PRICING:
|Friday, July 25||9am to 8pm||DOUBLE the marked price|
|Saturday, July 26||9am to 5:30pm||Priced as marked|
|Sunday, July 27||9am to 5:30pm||Priced as marked|
|Monday, July 28||9am to 6pm||HALF the marked price|
|Tuesday, July 29||9am to 2pm||$5 PER BAG DAY!|
Join us as a Volunteer! Download a Volunteer Sign-up Sheet here.
High quality books at reasonable prices
Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express Accepted
Shop the Book Sale in style - bring your own reusable bags!
View Pequot Library's Numbers Policy.
Rare and Collectible “Specials” conveniently located in one room.
Over 40 categories, including your favorites:
- Children’s Books
- Art and Photography
- Several sections of History: USA, European, World, and Military
- Computer Software and Books
- Crafts and Style
- Foreign Language
- Mystery and Thriller
- Science Fiction
- Current Fiction
- Classic Fiction
- Poetry and Drama
- Trade Paperbacks
- CDs, DVDs, records, tapes, and Audiobooks
- Sheet music, music books, comic books, prints
Great Food and Drinks! New this year - Food Trucks
Buzz truck (Fri., Sat., Sun. 9am - 11am)
Phil & Tom Ice Cream (Fri., Sat., Sun. 3pm - 5pm)
Bodega (Fri. 11:30am - 2:30pm)
Local Meatball (Sat. 11:30am - 2:30pm)
Christophe's Crepes (Sun. 11:30am - 2:30pm).
They will donate 10% of their proceeds to Pequot Library.
Scanners & other wireless devices welcome in sales areas; stockpiling and "clearing" not permitted
CONTACT & DIRECTIONS:
Exit 19 off I-95 south to 720 Pequot Ave, Southport
Parking: In Pequot Library's parking lot, or the Trinity Episcopal Church* parking lot (on the corner of Pequot Avenue and Center Street), or in the Southport Congregational Church parking lot (524 Pequot Avenue and across from church) or, on the weekend, in the train station parking lot (400 Center Street).
* "Park for Food" at Trinity Church during the busiest weekend days in exchange for a donation of food or funds. All proceeds benefit St. Luke's Bridgeport Food Pantry. On Saturday, July 26 and Sunday, July 27, Trinity Church volunteers will direct cars to available parking in the church’s parking lot, in exchange for canned food or donations.
Important facts to know about the Pequot Library Summer Book Sale:
1. Unlike sales at other libraries, this one is critical for the operations of Pequot Library, given that the town provides only a third of its operating budget.
2. Pequot Library is a jewel in the Fairfield community for its traditional library services and its many cultural, music, and arts programs.
3. Because of the long-time community support, this sale is the largest in the region offering the most extensive selection of books, records, etc.
4. Pequot’s offerings of “specials” is consistently the finest.
5. “Books for Teachers” program, thanks to generous funding from the Reneé B. Fisher Foundation, provides book vouchers to under-served schools and teachers in Bridgeport and New Haven, CT.
DONATIONS: Important - We are unable to accept book/media donations from July 15-August 4, 2014 due to focus on the current Book Sale. We look forward to receiving your book/media donations again after August 4, 2014.Thank you!
Thank you to our generous sponsors:
Brody Wilkinson, PC
People's United Bank
Whole Foods Market
WSHU Public Radio
Coreen's Bridge Floral Shop