Your donation goes farther by giving during a power hour and helping Pequot Library win $$ prizes.
- By 9:00am: Give as generously as you can. If Pequot Library raises the most money by 9:00am on Giving Day, we will win $5,000!
- 12:00 - 1:00pm: Give a minimum donation of $10 and ask friends to donate, too! If Pequot Library has the most individual donors during this hour, we will win $2,500!
The minimum amount is $10. Donations can be made easily and securely online from your home, mobile phone, or by visiting Pequot Library!
Watch video of why Pat and Walt support Pequot Library here!
Watch video of why Bill supports Pequot library here!
Watch video of why Eileen and Esa support Pequot library here!
Watch video of why Drew supports Pequot Library here!
Watch video of why Eric supports Pequot Library here!
Pequot Library invites you to participate in a day of programs and events for all ages to celebrate the generosity of our friends and neighbors on Giving Day. Donations are not required in order to attend, but are always appreciated! All programs are free and open to the public. If you would like to make a Giving Day donation, you can contribute online from home, on your mobile device, or safely and securely online at Pequot Library. Thank you!
8 – 11am Wake up with Pequot Library
11am – 12pm Docent-led Gallery Tour of Pequot Founders: Building a Library and a Legacy
1:30 – 2:30pm Fantastic Finds: William Shakespeare's First Folio
3 – 4pm Art Talk: Perspectives at Pequot: U.S. Immigration Today
4 – 5pm Art of the Book: Bookmaking for Kids
5:30 – 7pm Music at Pequot: Mark Naftalin
Your generosity will support the engaging and educational programs, services, exhibitions, and Special Collections of rare books, manuscripts, and archives that Pequot Library offers year-round.
Each dollar you donate also provides funding for:
- 10-12 Art and Special Collections exhibitions and installations/a year
- 14 Annual Community Events
- 25 Music Concerts (including 6 Music for Youth Concerts)
- 750 Students on School Outreach Tours
- 200 Volunteer, Docent, and Internship opportunities
- 70,000 Patrons utilizing library services
- 115,000 Books, audiobooks, and DVDs in our circulating collection
- 30,000 Special Collections items
- 1 Historic Library building,* plus Great Lawn!
For over 125 years, Pequot Library has been a cultural beacon for Fairfield, Southport Village, and beyond, providing professional, encouraging library services and vibrant, diverse programming for everyone from the youngest children to adults of all ages.
*Pequot Library is listed in the The National Register of Historic Places, the official list of the Nation's historic places worthy of preservation.
Giving Day is a 24-hour, online fundraiser sponsored by Fairfield County's Community Foundation! #fairfieldcountygives