Calling all artists! Submit your work to the 20th Annual Art Show, The Story of Art.
Deadline extended to 9/25/17!
Online submissions must be received by midnight on September 25, 2017 in order to be considered for entrance in this juried exhibition.
Accepted artworks will be on view from October 14 - 22, 2017 in Pequot Library’s historic auditorium, which provides an outstanding backdrop for the show.
Adrienne Ruger Conzelman is a private art dealer and advisor, and the Director of ARC Fine Art in Fairfield, Connecticut.
Helen Klisser During is an Art Advisor, Curator, Photojournalist, and Artistic Director Emeritus at Westport Arts Center, Westport,Connecticut.
They are seeking a variety of artistic mediums, focusing closely on the expression, either traditional or abstract, of the story presented to viewers.
Click here to submit your work.
• Painting, Photography, Mixed Media, Works on Paper, Drawing, Multi-Media, and Sculpture will be accepted.
• 2D artwork must be framed or gallery wrapped and installation ready. All artwork must be wired for hanging – no hooks.
• 3D art must have its own professional-looking means of display.
• All entries must be for sale. No exceptions.
• Artists are asked to present the “story” behind each piece through a small description. This description should be entered into “The Story Behind Your Work” field during the submission process at ArtCall.org.
Submission deadline is September 22, 2017 at midnight.
• First Place – $500 and a solo exhibition in Pequot Library’s Perkin Gallery October 2018.
• Second Place – $250
• Third Place - $100
Selected works drop off and pick up:
- Pequot Library will notify all artists of the status of their submission by October 1, 2017.
- Only artwork selected for the exhibition should be dropped off to Pequot Library on October 7, 2017 between 10am-2pm, or at a mutually agreed upon time.
- Artwork must be picked up Sunday, October 22, 2017 between 2-4pm, or at a mutually agreed upon time. Following the pick-up day after the close of the show, there will be a storage charge of $10 per day for any work left at Pequot Library.
Related Programming throughout the weeklong celebration of the arts:
Friday,September 22: Art Show Entry Deadline
Saturday, October 14: Preview Party Fundraiser ticketed opening reception- 6 - 9pm
Saturday, October 14 - Sunday, October 22: Green Art Show
Sunday, October 15: Gallery Talk “Sherry in the Stacks” – 3:00-5:00pm
Wednesday, October 18: Express Yourself: Afternoon Art - 4:00-5:30pm
Wednesday, October 18: The Art of Restoration – 7:00-8:30pm
Thursday, October 19: Day Art Trip: Brooklyn Museum – 8:30am-5:00pm
Thursday, October 19: Sip & Paint – 7:00-8:30pm
Friday, October 20: Southport Galleries Exhibition Opening: Abstract Women – 5:00pm
Saturday, October 21: Explore Your Story – 10am-12pm and 1:00-3:00pm
Saturday, October 21: Karl Soderlund Portrait Demonstration - 2:00-3:30pm
Sunday, October 22: Artists & Collectors Party, 1:00 – 3:00pm
Thank you to all our sponsors.